Elections & Voting
2021 Joint General Election
City of Robinson Council Members are elected during the November election. With the approval of the May 1, 2021 charter amendments, council members will be elected by place on the November 2,2021 election, each representing the entire community. There are three City councilmember positions expiring in 2021, those councilmembers are listed below. Each councilmember will be elected to a place for a two-year term.
- Council Member, Place 1: Jimmy Rogers
- Council Member, Place 3: Steve Janics
- Council Member, Place 5: Vacant
Dates for Filing an Application for a Place on the City of Robinson General Election Ballot for 2021:
Find the Candidate Packet here.
Last Day to Register to Vote: Monday, October 4, 2021
First Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance: Monday, October 18, 2021
Last Day to Apply for Ballot by Mail (Received, not Postmarked): Friday, October 22, 2021
Last Day of Early Voting by Personal Appearance: Friday, October 29, 2021
Last day to Receive Ballot by Mail: Tuesday, November 2, 2021 (election day) at 7:00 p.m. OR Wednesday, November 3, 2021 (next business day after Election Day) at 5:00 p.m. if carrier envelope is postmarked by 7:00 p.m. at the location of the election on Election Day (unless overseas or military deadlines apply)
City Council Elections
The City of Robinson holds a General Election each November for elections to the City Council. (La Ciudad de Robinson tiene una Elección general cada Noviembre para elecciones al Concilio de la Ciudad.)
Current Council Members
City of Robinson Council Members are now elected to place numbers after the May 1, 2021 Special Election and approval of charter amendments. Find updated Charter here. Each councilmember represents the entire community.
- Mayor (even-numbered place) - Bert Echterling
- Council Member, Place 1 - Jimmy Rogers
- Council Member, Place 2 - Jeremy Stivener, Mayor Pro-Tem
- Council Member, Place 3 - Steve Janics
- Council Member, Place 4 - Jeremy Holland
- Council Member, Place 5 - vacant
- Council Member, Place 6 - Matthew Birkes
Candidate Qualification Information
To run for City Council, a candidate must file for office within the posted filing period. The filing period can be found in the Notice of Deadline to File and the General Election Candidate Packet once available. In addition, see below for qualifications outlined by the City of Robinson Charter and the State of Texas Election Code.
Robinson Home Rule Charter Qualifications
- Must be a citizen of the United States, and a resident of Robinson for at least the previous 12 months
- Must reside in Robinson for the entire term of office
Texas Eligibility Requirements for Public Office
- Citizen of the United States
- 18 years old
- Have not been determined mentally incompetent by a final judgment in court
- No felony convictions
- Resided in the state continuously for the previous 12 months
- Must satisfy any other eligibility requirements prescribed by law for this office
Applications for ballot by mail should be mailed to:
McLennan County Elections Administrator
P.O. Box 2450
Waco, Texas 76703-2450
Email Election Administrator
Last Day to Register to Vote is 30 days prior to an election.
View more information about registering to vote.
Helpful Election Links:
Voter ID Requirements
Pursuant to State Law, voter ID is required when voting in the State of Texas. For detailed information on this law, visit the Texas Secretary of State’s website.