The City Council has adopted rules and regulations governing the number and placement of garage sale signs. The garage sale permit fee is $10 and the City will furnish up to 4 - 12" by 18" signs.
The following rules apply:
- Only official signs issued by the City of Robinson may be used.
- No more than 4 signs may be posted for each sale, including any sign or signs in the yard where the sale is being conducted. Off-premises signs may be placed on private property only with the expressed written permission of the owner thereof. No signs shall be placed in the public rights-of-way or upon utility poles.
- No sign shall be exhibited prior to the day such sale is to commence.
- Signs must be removed at the end of daylight on the last day of garage sale activities.
- Each sign shall contain a notation identifying the address of the sale and the permit number.
- Residents should be aware that the public right-of-way typically extends to about 10 feet behind the curb or to the back of the bar ditch for non-curb-and-gutter streets.
- If your sale is not held on the date for which the permit is issued or terminated during the first day of the sale due to inclement weather, you may apply for another permit for a sale to be conducted at the same location within 30 days of the original date. The additional permit fee may be waived under certain conditions.
How to Apply for a Garage Sale Permit:
- Apply Online
To apply online click "apply online" from above and then either choose the category Garage Sale from the list on the left hand side or scroll down until you find garage sale listed. Once you have selected garage sale you will then either login or create an account. You can also pay online once you are in the system.
- Apply In-person
City of Robinson
Customer Service Specialist
111 W. Lyndale
Robinson, TX 76706
Garage Sale shall mean and include all general sales, open to the public, conducted from or on any property located in any residential zone, as defined by the zoning ordinance, for the purpose of disposing of personal property including but not limited to, all sales entitled garage, lawn, yard, patio, flea market, rummage or estate sale, except the foregoing shall not include a sale of no more than five specific items if all advertisements of such sale specifically name each of those items to be sold.
Personal Property shall mean any property which is owned, utilized and maintained by an individual or members of his or her residence and acquired in the normal course of living in or maintaining a residence. It does not include merchandise which was purchased or acquired for sale or obtained on consignment but does include craft items made in the home, personally produced by the participating individuals involved in the sale.