Robinsonville Presbyterian Church
Robinsonville Presbyterian Church was organized on December 4, 1874. Known as Youngblood Memorial Presbyterian Church since occupying the current edifice in 1956, the church celebrated its 125th anniversary in 1999 by placing a Texas Historical Commission marker at the church, 200 S. Old Robinson Road.
Cemetery, located off U.S. 77 in South Robinson, was the site of the
first burial of the early settler, Sample Carrigan. Mostly a family
burial ground until Catherine Carrigan Fletcher set aside three acres
for a public cemetery in 1873, it has served as a final resting place
for residents of several area communities including Golinda, Mooreville,
Robinson, Rosenthal and Satin.
St. John United Church of Christ
John United Church of Christ, located at 100 S. Robinson Drive (U.S.
77) was one of the city's earliest churches, being established in 1884.
Originally established by a number of pioneers of German descent the
church moved into its first building in 1890. It had previously met in
homes and in the Presbyterian sanctuary. The first resident pastor was
Rev. John Strauss who served from 1900 to 1940. The Texas Historical
Commission plaque at the church site concludes: "Although the last
German service was conducted in 1959, the church continues to reflect
the ideals and traditions of its founders."