Boards & Commissions
The City of Robinson today is a product of the efforts invested by many dedicated residents who have worked hard to enhance the quality of life for the city. The investment was made by caring, dedicated citizens who invested their time, energy, expertise, and vision. The city government of Robinson is overseen by the most basic grassroots level which allows citizens the opportunity to participate in shaping the future of the city. City Council members, all whom are volunteers, seek residents to apply for board/commission positions, who would like to serve the City of Robinson and play an important role in the future of the city.
Any interested candidate seeking appointment to a board/commission is expected to become familiar with the duties and responsibilities for that board/commission. It is highly encouraged that the candidate also attend one of the meetings held by the board/commission they are seeking appointment to. There are currently 3 established board and commissions for the City of Robinson, all listed in the left hand column. Click the name of any board or commission for more information or view the documents available below.
Appointments are made to these boards and commissions during the year, as vacancies occur. This is a great way for you to get involved in your community and play a vital role in the shaping of your community.
The following documents are to help interested individuals have a better understanding of each position and what it entails.
- Code of Ordinance - Zoning Board of Adjustment (PDF)
- Code of Ordinance - Building Standards Commission (PDF)
- Code of Ordinance - Planning & Zoning Commission (PDF)
- Ordinance 2021-2019 - Expanding Planning and Zoning Commissions Alternates, Places and Terms of Officers, Meetings, and Powers
- Home Rule Charter - Planning & Zoning Commission (PDF)
- Member Contract - Zoning Board of Adjustment, Building Standards Commission, and Planning & Zoning Commission (PDF)
- Help Make a Difference In Your City - Board and Commission Flyer (PDF)