- 6 p.m.
- The first Tuesday of every month
- City Hall
111 W Lyndale
Robinson, TX 76706
Home Rule Charter
First incorporated in 1955 as a General Law City, Robinson adopted a charter in 1999 and is now a Home Rule City operating with the Council-Manager form of government. The seven-member elected City Council sets policy and appoints a City Manager who is responsible for the day to day operations.
City of Robinson Home Rule Charter:
City Council Seat Vacancy
The City Council is seeking applications to fulfill the vacant position recently created from the departure of Brenton Lane. The City Charter states, "when a vacancy occurs in the City Council, the remaining members may appoint a qualified person to serve the balance of the unexpired term." The term for this open position will expire in November 2021, unless re-elected through General Election.
- Must be a qualified voter of the State of Texas as defined in the Texas Election Code.
- Must be a citizen of the United States of America.
- Must be a Robinson citizen for no less than twelve (12) months prior to filing for office.
- Must reside in Robinson city limits the entire term of office.
- Attendance is expected at all monthly and special called meetings.
Declaration of Seat Vacancy:
Council seats will immediately become vacant if:
- Any member of the Council fails to possess any of the above qualifications.
- Any member is absent from three (3) consecutive regular meetings without an explanation acceptable to a majority of the other members.
Applications can be filled out online or by downloading the application as a PDF. Downloaded applications must be submitted to the City Secretary by any of the ways below. Applications are due no later than Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
- Submit Application online here.
- Submit downloaded PDF by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Submit downloaded PDF by mail or by dropping it off at City Hall: City of Robinson, Attention: Jana Lewellen, 111 Lyndale, Ave., Robinson, TX 76706.